Humbled by Praise for Savvy Auntie!
There's nothing like getting good feedback on your first book. Savvy Auntie: The Ultimate Guide for Cool Aunts, Great-Aunts, Godmothers and All Women Who Love Kids (Morrow/HarperCollins) is the first of it's kind - a "par-Aunting" guide for those who love a child not-their-own. From the "Aunticipation" of hearing you'll be an Auntie for the first time (a DebutAunt!) to their first day of school, plus a celebration of you as Savvy Auntie, the guide is chock-full of expertise and advice.
The book was sent in advance to some women (and The Guncles!) for their thoughts. The following is the "Early Praise" for the book.
It includes quotes from:
- Elizabeth Gilbert, bestselling author of Eat, Pray, Love and Committed
- Tori Spelling, Bestselling author and Actress
- Gretchen Rubin, Bestselling author of The Happiness Project
- Christiane Northrup, M.D., ob/gyn physician and author of the New York Times bestsellers: Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom and The Wisdom of Menopause.
- Rosemarie T. Truglio, Ph.D., Vice President, Education & Research, Sesame Workshop
- Mary Lou Quinlan, CEO, Just Ask a Woman, author, What She’s Not Telling You
- Jill Zarin, Real Housewife of New York and Co-author, Secrets of a Jewish Mother
- Melissa Kirsch, author The Girl’s Guide to Absolutely Everything
- “The Guncles” – Bill Horn & Scout Masterson
- Jenny Stewart — Entertainment Journalist, Voted “10 Amazing Gay Women in Showbiz”
I'm humbled, honored and so thrilled!
Remember, I will donate $1 for every book sold between now and April 27, 2011, to EpicChange.org, the non-profit organization led by Stacey Monk, a Savvy Auntie herself, that supports children in need all over the world, in honor of you, the Savvy Auntourage.